Consultant needed for the Race Equality Coalition UK
(Initially a 6 month contract approximately 12 hours per week 12.5K)
Expressions of interest are sought for a consultant to coordinate the development phase of the Race Equality Coalition UK’s major development proposal.
We are looking for a consultant to work with the newly formed Race Equality Coalition UK (REC) in pulling together a major development proposal bid. Following a successful initial seed development bid to a range of funding organisations, the coalition is looking to create and develop a more considered proposal that fully addresses issues in relation to structuring the coalitions:
a. Aims and strategic planning;
b. Proposed operational model;
c. Governance, membership, leadership and accountability;
d. The social and political context of race;
f. Measurement and impact;
g. Budget and finance and sustainability;
h. Business planning.
Summary of the consultant’s role and project deliverables
1. Research and write proposals for the theoretical and operational bases of the REC.
2. Co-ordinate and develop the REC.
3. Plan and implement a programme of community consultation and engagement.
4. Develop the business plan.
5. Develop detailed plans for communication including branding, Public Relations, marketing and media strategies (including social media).
6. Plan fundraising and sustainability strategies to develop the work of the coalition further.
Process and timetable
Applications should be submitted containing:
1. Your CV highlighting details of relevant experience
2. A covering letter outlining how your experience to date would enable you to undertake
the work and meet the objectives set out in the consultants role and project deliverables
3. The deadline for applications is Sunday 24th February. Interviews will be held on 1st March 2013
The fee available for this consultation is £12,500 inclusive of VAT,
Application return details
Application proposals should be submitted by email to:
Tel: 0207 697 4242
Please address any questions about this consultation brief to:
Tel: 0207 697 4241
For detailed information about this post, please visit Voice4Change England website.