“passionate about people”
Make a real difference and help us change lives!
With its roots in the African Caribbean community, Arawak Walton is the largest Black and minority ethnic housing association in the North West. We aim to provide quality housing services and affordable homes in sustainable multi-cultural neighbourhoods.
With an asset base of £50 million and turnover in the region of £4 million, our 950 homes are based mainly in the inner cities of Manchester, Trafford and Stockport. We aspire to grow our business through development and stock acquisitions.
Our head office is in Ardwick, Manchester with a dedicated team of 27 staff. We are currently seeking to appoint from October 2013 . . .
CHAIR OF THE BOARD
Salary £4,000 pa based on c 25-30 days per year, in addition to attending Board and
sub-committee meetings (c 10-12 days pa)
We are looking for a new Chair of our Board:
• to ensure that the association is effectively governed and financially stable
• to provide leadership to the Board in their role to support the Chief Executive and her team to develop our Business Plan and Strategies to achieve our aims and objectives.
• to play a key ambassadorial/influencing role to support the association in pursuit of its
challenging aims and ambitions.
• who can demonstrate a commitment to and knowledge of the areas in which Arawak Walton works and the communities it serves.
• knowledge of the Housing Sector is desirable, but not essential.
Board and Committee meetings are generally held in the evenings. You will also be involved in a number of strategy, training and communication events throughout the year. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a BME Housing Association who aims to make a difference to our customers and communities.
The successful applicant will receive paid expenses and be given training and development
opportunities as needed to fulfill the job role.
For an informal discussion, please contact Ms Cym D’Souza, Chief Executive on 0161 272 6094.
For an application pack, please contact Bindu Pandya on 0161 272 6094 or email
Online Application forms are also available on http://www.arawakwalton.com
Closing date for returned applications – 5.00pm Monday 15th April 2013.
Interview Date – Tuesday 23rd April 2013.
Successful candidate to attend Staff and Board Conference on Friday 26th April 2013
Arawak Walton is committed to Equality and Diversity.