FREEHILL CONSULTANTS AND ODU-DUA HOUSING ASSOCIATION
Introduction To Social Housing
Date: Thursday 4th July 2013 Time: 9.00am to 5.00pm
Fee: £ 90
Venue: Odu-Dua Housing Association, 84 – 88 Kingsgate Rd, West Hampstead, NW6 4LA
This is a one day course which is designed to give an overview of the social housing movement from its origins to the current day. By the end of the day participants will have an understanding of social housing and the environment in which housing associations operate. The target audiences are social housing staff new to this field, new board member and people with a general interest in the governance and operational framework of housing associations.
The course will focus on the following key areas:-
1. The origins of social housing, its purpose and the aims of housing associations and trusts
2. An overview of the type of client groups eligible for social housing
3. An introduction to housing association funding
4. The work and structures of different types of social landlords
5. Housing associations’ relationships with statutory bodies
6. Key changes in recent times and the effect on finance, development and housing management function within social landlords.
To book a place on this course, contact:
Phone – 0207 625 1799 Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Places are limited to 8 and allocated on first come basis