Do you want to help end racism, while gaining valuable paid experience of campaigning and movement-building? If so, our campaign intern position at Runnymede Trust could be for you.
In Britain in 2013, the ethnic group which you are born into still has a significant impact on your life chances. This does not have to be true for ever. Racism is created by our society, and it is within our power to eliminate it.
This paid campaign intern will work for 2.5 days a week for four months on Runnymede’s exciting new public campaign End Racism This Generation.
The campaigns intern’s responsibilities may include:
- Helping produce tools and guides to get people engaged in the campaign and support them to take impactful action to help end racism
- Helping produce visually engaging “infographics” that demonstrate the continuing problem of racial inequality in the UK
- Desk research to gather facts and figures about racism and racial inequality
- Monitoring media coverage about racism and racial inequality
- Seeding and spreading ideas on social media to increase visibility for the End Racism This Generation campaign
- Updating campaign website
- Helping to organise events for the End Racism This Generation campaign
- Engaging partners and networks with the campaign
- Updating database of campaign contacts
- General administration support
The campaign intern will be paid London living wage (£8.55 per hour)
The successful candidate will start in August 2013 and will work for 2.5 days a week for four months.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter including details of when you are available to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Sunday 11 August 2013.
For more details, please visit http://www.runnymedetrust.org/about/vacancies/internships/campaign-intern-end-racism-this-generation.html